If you don't know me, I have been a full time wedding photographer for the past 8 years, and have shot over 300 weddings in that time. If you want to know my full story, you can watch this video. I have been published in VOGUE, I have shut down Times Square NYC for shoots, and am known for my lighting style, and unmatched workflows.
In person workshop here in Miami, FL on March 25th 2018
Off camera lighting, Posing, Composition
MAX. 10 people to attend. I want to have a small group, with lots of 1 on 1 attention.
Explicit direction / education on:
- How to master dialing in your camera in manual mode for ambient settings, to then be used with OCF.
- Understanding flash power, why ETTL is not good, and how to properly set your lighting for consistent results.
- Flash efficiency, what this is, why this matters, and how to apply this very important concept in your work.
- What modifiers to use and why, where to place your lights for best results and understanding the basics of “light fall off”.
- How to use one light as a main light
- How to use one light as a separation light, mixed with ambient
- How to use two lights together
- How to use the sun as a light source, mixed with flash.
- Understanding how to use lighting direction to drastically elevate your work, and how this relates to posing.
- The basic framework to keep in mind for posing
- Things you never want to do, all of the mistakes most photographers make.
- How to turn a static pose into a more natural looking shot every-time.
- How to use lens “tricks” to further enhance posing and flatter your subject.
- How to direct your clients on how to pose, so that it is easy and effortless.
- How to “see” light in the field and choose the best locations for photos.
- What Lens to use and why, understanding what compression is and how this will elevate your work.
- How to program your thought process when looking through the viewfinder to ensure best results.
- When to stand, when to kneel, when to shoot from above, and when to laydown on the ground.
- How to start thinking in different dimensions when out on location. The thought process is where it all starts.
- Live model to practice, and to build your portfolio. (you will have 1 on 1 time with model) and you keep all of the images that you take.
- Get to use my pro lighting gear, and experiment with different modifiers.
- Live feedback as you shoot, image review, and then applying what we talk about with the model to nail down all of the newly learned techniques.
- After meetup for questions and answers.
BONUS: To the first 5 people who sign up, you will receive lifetime access to my private Facebook group “Travis Harris Workshops” which is where I do weekly video image critiques for members, a onetime video critique for your website, and the place to reach out to me anytime with any questions you may have about photography, or business. The idea is that I provide you with the knowledge on the “How”, then you go and do your own practice, and then upload to the group for the critique so that you advance consistently, and as fast as possible. It’s this type of ongoing support that I feel is truly required to make the most difference if your serious and want to make money from your work.
$149.00 to attend in person / $29.00 download after the fact.
*everyone who attends in person, will also get a free copy of the video.
To sign up, simply click the link below. I will check availability, and then be in contact with you!